RAID’s blog competition
Enter our blog competition for a chance to share your experiences in R4D and win some great prizes!
We are running a blog competition in 2019 to encourage all members and blog readers to engage with the RAID Network. We love hearing your stories and feel that this is one of the most useful and engaging parts of our community.
Please get in touch and get involved!
All RAID members* (join here!) and RAID blog readers at any stage of their careers.
We encourage previous and new contributors to participate, and have an extra prize for the “best new blogger”. If you’re unsure of what to blog about, our social media team are happy to provide some ideas (contact them here). Some tips/ideas, guidelines and marking criteria are provided below.
*RAID Committee members are not eligible for these prizes, but state-representatives are.
Any blogs posted from 1 January 2019 – 13 December 2019. Winners to be announced in early February 2020.
1st Prize: Samsung Android tablet (value ~$600) or $600 travel sponsorship to attend the 2020 RAID capacity building event or a voucher of equivalent value
2nd Prize: A kindle (value ~$150) + downloads ($100) or Dymocks voucher or a voucher of equivalent value
Best new blogger: International travel essentials kit
- Step 1: All blogs from 2019 will be ranked according to site hit statistics in the first 4 weeks, counting will continue for 4 weeks after the final blog is submitted. The top 15 blogs will go into the next round.
- Step 2: The RAID Communications team will assess the final 15 blogs based on content, individuality, organisation, engagement, photos and relevance to international agriculture and deliberate their top 5.
- Step 3: The top 5 blogs will be assessed by an external communications consultant according to the marking criteria.
- Step 3: The external communications consultant will award 1st and 2nd prize. The “best new blogger” award will go to the blog with the top blog that was written by someone who hasn’t yet had a blog posted on the RAID website prior to 1 January 2019. The 1st and 2nd prize blog winner cannot also win best new blogger.
- Read our ‘Blog Guidelines’ page and check out the marking template.
- All blogs will be reviewed by a RAID committee member to check they meet the basic guidelines and editing requirements. RAID reserves the right not to publish any blogs. Any suggestions/edits will be returned to the author to make any changes prior to publication.
- If the RAID Committee decides a blog is not appropriate for the website it will not be published and the author will be asked to submit a different blog or withdraw their participation in the competition.
- All blogs must be submitted in English
- If a ‘new blogger’ wins the 1st or 2nd prize, the 3rd prize will not go to the same person. Instead it will go to the next top ranked new blogger to help spread the prizes around to everyone that is involved.
- Promotion of blogs on social media and other outlets is encourage however, if the committee deems the hit statistics have been manipulated the blog will be disqualified